PDA

View Full Version : Brian Tuesday's Obiturary

Paul Trinkner
02-08-2011, 01:38 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/muskiebayresort/CopyofOurguidesmall2.jpg

I wanted to express my love and sadness of the loss of my mentor, my friend, and my brother. Brian's life has been difficult the past few years, but all of Brian's great qualities and gifts he gave us will not be forgotten. He meant a lot to many of us, he meant a lot to me, he taught me how to fish, hunt and love and respect nature and the aboriginal people. I no that when I am out on the lake or walking that he is there, he is in everything, the water, the air, the land. He is that Trophy buck, The 60 inch Muskie, the eagle, the bear, and the wolf. So, it is not goodbye, it is so long, I will see you again.

Paul Trinkner

Brian Tuesday's Obiturary
Brian Benjamin Tuesday - Spirit Name - Tibishkopiness Brian Benjamin Tuesday, age 66, a resident of Nestor Falls, Highway 71, Sabaskong Bay Road, passed away suddenly on 30, January , 2011 at his home. Brian completed grade 13 in Winnipeg, Manitoba and continued on with his education and attended the University of Toronto and obtained his Bachelor of Social Work Degree, Majoring in English. Upon completing his educational pursuits, he worked for the Federal Government, Indian and Northern Affairs, in the capacity of Educational Guidance Counsellor. Due to his love for nature and the outdoors, he made a major decision and resigned from his position and started to work as a fishing and hunting guide. Brian spent the past twenty years working as a guide for the various tourist resorts in the Nestor Falls area. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, and loved the outdoors and participated in any activities that involved the outdoors and nature. Brian's favorite pastimes were spending time with his sons and grandchidren. He took them on outdoor excursions, and teaching them about animals, plants, forest and water life. He made sure that they had a good understanding that one cannot take too much from mother earth and to take only what they needed. He was an inspirational teacher in regards to the customs and traditions of the Anishinabe people . Brian was also a poet, and had an unusual ability to put positive and negative situations in poetic form. He was able to put...

Brian Benjamin Tuesday - Spirit Name - Tibishkopiness

Brian Benjamin Tuesday, age 66, a resident of Nestor Falls, Highway 71, Sabaskong Bay Road, passed away suddenly on 30, January , 2011 at his home.

Brian completed grade 13 in Winnipeg, Manitoba and continued on with his education and attended the University of Toronto and obtained his Bachelor of Social Work Degree, Majoring in English. Upon completing his educational pursuits, he worked for the Federal Government, Indian and Northern Affairs, in the capacity of Educational Guidance Counsellor. Due to his love for nature and the outdoors, he made a major decision and resigned from his position and started to work as a fishing and hunting guide. Brian spent the past twenty years working as a guide for the various tourist resorts in the Nestor Falls area. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, and loved the outdoors and participated in any activities that involved the outdoors and nature.

Brian's favorite pastimes were spending time with his sons and grandchidren. He took them on outdoor excursions, and teaching them about animals, plants, forest and water life. He made sure that they had a good understanding that one cannot take too much from mother earth and to take only what they needed. He was an inspirational teacher in regards to the customs and traditions of the Anishinabe people . Brian was also a poet, and had an unusual ability to put positive and negative situations in poetic form. He was able to put his residential school experience in poetic prose. This poem was called "The Bell", it was printed in the Wawatay newspaper. Socially, he enjoyed playing pool; he participated in pool tournaments (although he never won anything). He really enjoyed cooking a traditional meal which consisted of a fishfry and many a times he would cook for one family and sometimes for a community. Traditionally and unknown to many people, he participated in traditional ceremonies. He had served as shkabawis for numerous elders and at times he facilitated ceremonies as an interpretor

Brian was a member of the Big Grassy First Nation. He was born in the Morson area on May 22, 1944. He had lived their from birth to approximately age five. He was in residential school for most of his life. He was predeceased by his parents, Martha Tuesday and Robert Tuesday and his brother Fred Tueday. He is survived by his sons, Chris Jack, (wife, Michelin Chiefson), Kevin Jack, Blair Jack, his daughter, Joanne Crate. His surviving grandchildren are Leelan Chiefson, Christopher Jack, Corbin Crate, Aiden Crate, as well as his great grandchildren. He is also survived by his brothers Percy Tuesday (wife Linda ), Martin Tuesday (wife, Violet), Bobby Tuesday and his sisters Delores Kelly, Rosie Gunderson, Lorna Tuesday, Janice Tuesday. He had many nieces and nephews who he had all loved and cherished equally and unconditionally.

There will be a wake that will be held at the Onigaming First Nation Gymnasium on February 3. 2011. A traditional burial ceremony will be officiated by Elder Lawrence Henry, this ceremony and burial will take place on February 4, 2011.

The pallbearers will be Richard Swampy, Joe Jack, Tom Indian, Harry Kelly, Gerald Arch, and Darrell Beacham. Honorary pallbearers will be all his family and friends.

"Remember me for for who I was not for what I did"

Brian Benjamin Tuesday

Born: May 22, 1944

Died: January 30, 2011

Gissert
02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I only met Brian a couple nights at dinner when we were fishing there several years ago.

My wife and I had a couple great conversations with him, and we hope you are all doing okay.

You, and Brian's family will be in our prayers.

Chuck, Shannon and Amy Worum