PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Fritz

Captain Fritz Peterson
02-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Another great weekend on the ice.On fri. after the snow storm we had a problem getting on the ice. Some of us guides and fisherman chipped in and hired a cat to bulldoze the shoves and snow out of the way.

So everybody coming off where Sand Bay road dead ends into Little Sturgeon have us to thank for the great access and the guy that did the bull dozing. I personally thank him, great job.

Fishing was great the White Fish bite was really good. the bigger fish bit early and later in the afternoon. We had a strong urrent start up around noon and that is when the fish slowed. Later the crrent switched and slowed down and it was gang busters.

We had a few Northern this weekend nothing real big though. I think the abundance of Gizzard Shad, Smelt and White Fish have something to do with that. they must really be putting some pounds on though. I'm sure the Muskies are also.

A few of my freinds are getting some Perch and Walleyes, but admit tough going most of the time. One of my friends was trying off Choudoirs Dock area and said he had 15inchs of ice in one spot and 30ft. away only had 6 or 7inches. So be careful make sure you now the ice and check it carefully we want everybody to be safe.

The ice where I have my shacks is around 20 some inches thick and gaining everyday. We are seeing some big Perch and a feew Walleyes on the Cammras but they don't seem interested.
GOOD LUCK
Capt. Fritz
PS. here is a pic of one crews this weekend with there limit of 40 White Fish.