PDA

View Full Version : Magazine arrived

EyeBallHunter
02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Always look forward to getting the newest issue of the Witch Bay Magazine/Brochure. I like many others have nearly every issue and cherish them. Always full of good stuff and great pictures. One thing I would like to see changed though is the "number of photos". There are SO MANY now that they have to be reduced down to fit them all in and they are the smallest EVER. I wore a pair of 2x bifocals and still couldn't make out many of the pictures! We didn't send in any photos the past 3 years but it looks to me like many are sending in 8-10+ each. I would much rather see Gail select only the best photo from a group and make it 4-5 times larger. I would also like to see more photos of the Camp, boats, workers, and fishing pros, who we personally get to spend our time with and those pictures are better remembered for all of us. Instead of 2000 guest photos I think cut that down to 200 or LESS... (yeah seriously) and add a few more of what I associate Witch Bay with... Pictures more relevant to my stay, after all it is a brochure promoting WB right(?) and not a self absorbed photo album of each of us (we can make those on our own to show off to our friends). Just my 2 cents!!!

Dave B
02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
EBY -- I hear you about the size of the pics. My wife got out the magnifying glass to look at some of them. But, it is a lot of fun searching through the pictures looking for someone from our group or someone we know. The way we have worked it with Gail the last few trips was before we left camp, she downloaded all of the our pics (and some wheren't appropriate for general publication) off our camera chips. I suspect she then works with the publisher in selecting pics. Overall, I think they do a very nice job, and I've got to believe it is a great marketing tool. I took my family up to camp for the first time in 2010, and they couldn't wait for the brochure to come in the mail and look for pictures.