PDA

View Full Version : 1-26-11 Warm weather and Hot fishing

John Carlson
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
The weather is warmer and the fish seem to be liking it. Pike action has been out of this world with more 30+" fish then I have ever seen being caught in the area. Most of them are being put back so there are going to be some big hogs to be caught. They are finding the pike on the deeper weed edges. Most of the weeds are brown and dieing by this time of the year but if you can locate some with a little green left in them they would be the area to target. Larger Goldens or Larger Suckers are both being used under a tip up. Some jigging is being done.

Crappie action has been good too with some real nice fish being caught. The average size has been right around 12" with some fish hitting the 15" mark. They arn't pulling a lot of fish out but the size is making up for the number.

Walleye action has been good too. Most fishermen are reporting keeping a nice bunch of 14" to 18" fish and letting a pile of smaller fish go. We have also had reports of some mid to upper 20" fish released and a couple kept for the wall.

Some great panfish action has been happening on some of the smaller area lakes. The fish are running small but the action is great for keeping kids going. If you want to have some fun catching with a kid stop in the store and talk to me, I'll point you in the right direction.