PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 12-28-2010

walleyemaxx
12-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone,

Now that we're in the college football bowl season, I quess it's appropriate that we are fishing in the slush bowl. Fishing with my good friend Jigboy, we managed to catch 3 Walleyes. None were legal as there is a 15" min. size limit on this particular lake.

Jigboy caught his Walleyes........Jigging, what else. I caught mine on a tipup. Does that make me tippy? Even though we are still in some serious slush, the mobility was a little better. Now they are calling for three days of warmer than normal temps and rain. Really don't know how that will affect the already bad conditions on our lakes.

Jigboy ws using a spoon tipped with a waxworm to catch his Walleyes. I forgot to buy some Crappie minnows to rip the heads off. So we jigged with waxxies. I was jigging with spoons and Raps, but didn't get any thing to hit. We both were marking lots of fish, but they were very shy about commiting. I caught my Walleye on the tipup baited with a very large sucker minnow. The Walleye measured 143/4" We caught no keepers, but had a lot of fun. Just can't let the slush get you down. As I trudge through the slush, I remember the honey do list at home. Puts a jump into my step. I keep telling the wife how hard it is and how much work it is to go fishing. So far she's buying it. Don't anyone tell her the truth!!

I posted some pictures of the late afternoon-evening fishing. As you can see, it was a clear sky and the temps dropped consistently. I'll be back at it today.

If anyone would like to know the name of the lakes I ice fish here in Vilas county, send me an email. I'll reply honestly.

Good luck everyone.

Walleyemaxx