PDA

View Full Version : 12-20-10 Report

John Carlson
12-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Lots of mixed reports on ice thickness. We have been hearing anywhere from 8" to 14". There is a good amoung of slush on the ice by the landing on Duroy where all the snow drifted up, otherwise it's not too bad. Pike action has been great. Reports of a good number of them being caught in the 24" to 30" range with a number of fish in the mid 30's. The walleye bite has slowed down a bit from the early ice but they are still doing well. The peak bite seems to be a little later with a good bite starting about an hour after dark. Crappie action is picking up. They are starting to school up over the basin areas of the lake as the ice thickens.

Brandon Dunbar
12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Lots of water and slush on top of the ice. Every lake is different and every area of the lake is different as far as the slushy areas. Trucks are driving out on Duroy and many other local lakes.

Carpenter Creek
12-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Merry Christmas to all of Phillips! Please keep the ice fishing reports coming men, it's appreciated. I'm bringing the wife and kids up in 3 weeks for a long weekend on the ice (well, not all day and night). We're staying at Red Pines only because the trailer is closed up for the winter and will be fishing the Phillips chain, mainly on Duroy. I read the posts everyday, sometimes they take me away from my desk at work and plop my rear end up north on some body of water.

Cjack
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I am guessing that Long Lake is safe to take the ATV to pull out my gear?

(down just past the golf course)

Brandon Dunbar
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey Carpenter Creek,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! The 10-day weather forecast doesn't look great. Thursday and Friday are calling for high in the low 40's and some rain. There is already a ton of slush on top of most area lakes. Travel is decent with snowmobiles. Whenever you come up here just let me or John know and we can give you an up to date report.

Carpenter Creek
12-28-2010, 07:52 AM
"Whenever you come up here just let me or John know and we can give you an up to date report."

Thank you, I will. Are either one of you guys going to be at any of the outdoors shows in the Chicago area?

John Carlson
12-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm going to be at the Chicago Musky Expo and at the Madison Fishing Expo with Tooth Tamer Rods and Dreamcatcher Lures. I'm not sure what shows Brandon will be at yet. Both of us are planning on Wausau, and a couple of other smaller local shows where will will have Rods and Lures from Tooth Tamer, Dreamcatcher, Bobbie Baits, Super Slayer, Pallbearer, and Muskie Madness.