PDA

View Full Version : 12/4 Ice Report

Gene Dellinger
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Cherokee Marsh has been reported to have around 3"-4" of ice along with the fresh snow. Fishing reports have indicated a few small fish have been caught, but minimal results otherwise. Monona Bay is reported to be mostly iced over, with ice depth ranging from 1"-3" along with fresh snow. There have been reports of as many as a couple dozen anglers present on the lake today, with bluegills in the 7.5" range and crappies in the 11" range. There has been little other information as far as fish bites locally.

Bobberdown
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I went out Friday night and again on Saturday. Nothing at night but Saturday afternoon I had pretty steady action from small gills as sunset approached. I had to try a lot of holes before I found any fish at all. Those I found were in the hole closest to the shore. I did manage one impressive bluegill but I let it go since I was almost done. I wouldn't normally post anything during early ice because I don't want to fight a crowd but with all of the people I read about falling through I think it is more important to direct people to the safest ice in the area. Stay near shore and you can bring the shanty.