PDA

View Full Version : December 2 - Ice Report

Brandon Dunbar
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Ice Report - The Phillips Chain is back in great shape after a day or two of questionable conditions. Most areas of the chain are showing a solid 4 inches of ice. However, there are still a few sketchy spots where the snow and slush insulated the ice. In these spots I have found as little as 2 inches of ice. The weather forecast looks great for making lots of solid ice in the next week.

Fishing Report - Walleye action has be outstanding. Use tip ups in shallow water with medium walleye suckers. On average, Walleyes have been running between 14 and 18 inches.

Panfish action is also heating up. Start in shallow flats with wood and muck to target Crappies and Gills. Diamond Jigs and Gill Pills tipped with spikes or waxies is a great choice. Another excellent option is soft plastics like Ratso's or Wedgee's.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

Attached is a picture of a big bonus Perch that I caught on a tip up and a sucker minnow while I was Walleye fishing Thursday night.

John Carlson
12-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the Great report Brandon, Reports coming in to the store are pretty much the same as yours for most area lakes. Walleye action has been good. Some nice pike have also been caught on area lakes a couple pushing that 40" mark.

Good Luck on the hard water

teenfisher
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
do you guys know how the ice situation on cranberry is? also how the fishing is and if people are venturing past the narrows? thanks

John Carlson
12-04-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't know if anyone has been out an cranberry yet, the ice is usually a little shakey in that narrows area. If you did check it out it should be foot travel only and use a spud and a life vest.