PDA

View Full Version : ? for Steve

JohnL
11-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Steve,

I know you have to have a set closing date for fishing and then you start up your deer hunting. I was wondering is this set by fishing regulations or based on weather and or number of fishermen that usualy come up? I was wondering if the weather stay nice after the fishing part has shut down can someone call up for a last minute guided fishing trip if the weather is good?

Thanks,

John

Steve Herbeck
11-23-2010, 08:39 AM
typically we have always closed for fishing end of the first week of oct around the 9th with a few the next week we couldn't fit in during our traditional musky hunt week. last season and going forward we will be staying open through the 2nd-3rd week of oct.
to be completly ready for guests with docks in ,boats,staff,etc as there is a lot to closing down camp for the season calling last minute later than that isn't practical for us as i've seen ice as early as last week oct and as late as dec 15 so you never know when you will get caught with your pants down so to speak. best to pick a date and go with it,then you are also better prepared.
our deer hunts start last week of oct and winterized cabins are reserved for them.
thanks much and hope to have you aboard and spend time with you,
herbie