PDA

View Full Version : Clear Fork Report

Them Muskie Lures
10-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Went to Clear Fork today from 8am - 12pm. Spent 3 hours casting with no action and 1 hour trolling. Had one rip for about 3 seconds, but couldn't confirm it is was a fish or not. Water was very murky, less then 1 ft visibility. Water temps were 52.5 in the marina bay and up to 55.3 further east. Did mark some bait fish in 10-12 ft of water. Wish I had a better report.

Greg

muskierhs
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
How low was the water? Everywhere around here in the northwest part of the state is pretty low. I am headed down this weekend and was just curious as to what to expect.

Them Muskie Lures
11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
The water level seemed very normal to me. In the marina bay 4-5 ft. If it was down, it was not very much.

Thanks and good luck.
Greg

Muskie51
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Was up on Sat. to close the trailer and talked to Dane , they said the lake is down about 2.5 feet. The bay back in by the trailers is dry with no water so it has to be down a couple of feet. Doug

muskierhs
11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the information. I usually spend alot of time in the Marina bay late in the year and have had good success, I may have to work on a different pattern. I will post results on Monday as to how we did.

rparker
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Fished Clear Fork on Sunday. The lake level is really down. Water temps 46 - 48. No action casting. I got a 32 trolling in the afternoon near the islands on a 5" Tuff Shad. The fish had a deformed upper jaw. I will post a pic in the Photos section of our site.

Randy

muskierhs
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Fished Clearfork Friday thru Sunday afternoon with nothing going on. The water clarity got alot better each day on the west end. We fished everywhere from the Dam to the Marina. Had 1 good fish swing and miss just in front of the campground docks on Saturday and had a short rip trolling by the Dam on Friday. Good marks out in open water but no takers. Also seen several shad in the Marina on Saturday afternoon. The fish just werent cooperating. That is Muskie fishing sometimes though. I may make another trip before it ices up and see if I can change my luck.