PDA

View Full Version : heading to Kinkaid

welly
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey all:

I'm heading to Kinkaid this weekend, for the first time, and wanted to get any info from you all that might help my luck. I'm looking for bass, walleye, crappie, and of course muskie. Any current conditions like water clarity would be helpful, as I need to make a lure run before I go. Also any tips finding the weeds or other trends would be helpful. I haven't been able to find a detailed/contour map of the lake, so anything special about the lake in general is good to know too.

Thanks all,
W.

EddieMoney
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Fished Sat PM - Mon noon. Water temps 68-9 in the morning, up to 73-5 at day's end. Fished deep weeds. Lake is super clear, so with the heat and clarity fish moved deep during the late morning into the afternoon. Boated 30, 34 and 44; saw 6 others.

welly
10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info EM. Any info on locating the weeds on Kinkaid? Are there certain areas of the lake that produce good cover over other areas?

Joe Archbold
10-12-2010, 03:11 PM
You can get a good topo map at the village marina on the lake.
My son and I guided with Chad on Sunday. Very tough day. 90 degrees no clouds no wind. We boated a 42 and a 46. Chad knows how to get it done. the weeds are prevalent in most of the bays. We also hit the timber.