PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 9th report

walleyemaxx
10-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Guided Bill and Gregg for a half day today. It was one of the toughest days I can remember in a long time. We started at noon with fairly good conditions. N.E. winds very mild but enough to drift with. Partly cloudy skies, and warm but bearable temps.

Right away we got a decent Walleye. Then things went wrong. The wind died completely and the temps went up. This is nuts for Oct. Water temps are 58+ degrees. It should be 50 or colder by now. The air temps were over 70 degrees.

We fished hard for the next 5 hours with just Sm. Bass and Perch to show for it. But it was an enjoyable afternoon because of the company in the boat and they still brought a bag of fillets home. A bad day fishing still beats a good day at work! We enjoyed the scenery and wildlife. Lots of eagles and loons, but very few ducks flying. I used to hunt the Big Chip, but now the ducks don't seem as plentiful. Quess I'll stick to fishing.

Tommorow we do it again. This time it will be a morning half day. I'll report our results. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx