PDA

View Full Version : Great day

Jerry Tipping
10-09-2010, 02:11 PM
What a great day to be out on the water. You can't beat this for October fishing on "The Rock".
The bite was a little slow early but picked up about mid morning. Finished wit 10 big crappie, two whitebass, 1 perch and two short walleye. Water temp was 60 degrees.
Long range forcast for next weekend is more of the same, highs in the upper 60's to low 70's.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

IOOF105
10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
any reports on what up and where is hot recently anyone been out?

Jerry Tipping
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Jim;
I haven't been on "The Rock" since my last post. When we caught those we were by Splash and the Buckhorn Bridge.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Luke McGarry
10-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Jerry, since I've never met you, I'd wish that I could have been there the same time.

I closed up this weekend, but got out Friday before you did. I trolled different hard baits around the lake with nil results. Tons of markings, but starting to believe they musta been mostly debrie marks.

My best was at the trestle in 1.5 hours--lunch included. Two smallies that were one/eighth inch short of legal, one shortie walleye and one bite-off south-west of the island. (my wife and I both had bite offs two weeks earlier-- love those toothy fish).

I hope y'all can keep catching this late in the season. Like Jerry says, 'keep a tight line'. See ya all again next year. Maybe over a fish fry. ;-)

Luke
(hailing out of Bavarian)

Jerry Tipping
10-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi Luke;
Closing for the winter is not a chore that we look forward to. It is a reminder of what is just around the corner. I was getting crappies trolling my baits high in the water column. Most were just 3-4 feet deep. I was getting a lot of small (3") white bass again as well.
Have a comfortable winter, and we will catch you in the spring.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry