PDA

View Full Version : Musky - errrr Pike report Sept 24th and 25th

riverrat47
09-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Tom,
Promised you I would send you a report following my Fall Musky Camp. Fishing was tough on Friday, rain and extreme wind conditions. Did our best just to try to stay behind some islands to wet some lines. I did manage a 34" pike on a pacemaker. That was the extent of Fridays 1/2 day of fishing. Saturday we fished really hard. Hit a lot of spots, trying to run and gun to find active fish. We tried cowgirls and pacemakers/top raiders primarily. Bulldawgs and crankbaits didn't seem to be working for us either. The effort was there but the fish just didnt cooperate. That is the Muskies didn't cooperate. We had a sucker close to the boat and the clicker went off and the boober was heading for deep water. That certainly got everyone in the boat excited. I set the hook and the fight was on. The fish took a few runs on me and i could tell it was a decent sized fish. As we got it to the boat, i the chain markings gave it away. A big Northern had grabbed our sucker. It was a blast to catch her. A hefty built 36"er. But not the species of fish we were looking for. Great weekend on and off the water, with good friends and thats what really maters i guess. Just being blessed to go out on the water and fish. I had the pleasure of meeting Geno at one of the resorts to chat about Larry's old site and of course Musky Hunting.
Next weekend Its off to the Gile Flowage up by the UP of Michigan for another musky camp. Sounds like the sucker bite is picking up.
Tight Lines,
Rob

walleyemaxx
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Nice report Rob,

Sounds like you guys had a great time.With the weather like it was, I quess you kind of be happy you survived. No Musky's, but some dandy Northerns. Good luck up at the Gile. Post a report when you get back from there. It's always interesting to hear about other lakes.
Good luck.

Walleyemaxx