PDA

View Full Version : Monday 9-20-10

walleyemaxx
09-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I spent most of the day looking at properties for sale. But had to get on the water for a few hours of fishing. I got out late afternoon in a huricane gale force wind. Couldn't really fish where I wanted, just where I could.

I managed to find 3 Walleyes in about 3 hours of fishing. I tried leeches and minnows, only the minnows produced. Just as well, the leeches are hard to get and I'm running out of them.

The water temps were 59 when I started and 58 when I was done. It was good to see the water temps dropping. The wind was a gale force out of the southeast. Whitecaps everywhere. Hard for boat control and to have the anchor hold. Like I said earlier, had to fish where I could, not where I wanted. Had a heavy overcast the whole time. looked like it could rain at any minute. did manage to fish different patterns and the one that seems to work the best is the wood pattern. Mostly sunken bogs. Loose a lot of jigs, but the fish seem to be there.

I released every fish so did not get a chance to cut them open to see what they are eating. My guess is minnows. I do see some weeds dieing which means the bait fish have to scatter to, you guessed it, the deeper wood.

Will be looking at more properties today, so won't have a chance to go fish with Nick. Sorry Nick. Hope you got my phone message yesterday. I don't get that good of cell phone reception here. maybe the first property I look at that I get cell phone reception, I'll buy!

Well I will be getting out again late this afternoon. Will report tomorrow. Nick, Please post a report on LLL. I'm still interested in learning that lake some day.

Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx