PDA

View Full Version : RFRG 9/11 Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Muskie Matt
09-11-2010, 10:19 AM
As Jim L has said in a previous post, water levels have improved greatly on all area lakes. Seepage type lakes are still a bit low but have come up enough to launch a boat much easier. I've been over in the Two Sisters area but not at that launch directly, from what I've seen in that area it ahould be a much easier launch at this time, keeping in mind Two Sisters was never the greatest launch to begin with...

Lately I've roamed all over and found water temps fairly consistant, 61-66, on all types of lakes, clear n deep, dark n shallow, etc. Walleyes and Crappies seem to be hanging down around the 18-20ft range along steep edges. We're pulling Muskies from a wide range of areas with weed edges of about 6ft deep being a consistant producer. Depending on the lake we're fishing we've seen fish come from 3ft deep thick weed areas to bare vertical dropoffs going down 30ft. A scattered location type of muskie pattern is to be expected this time of year as our area waters have cooled termendously over the last couple weeks. "Turnover" time? Not quite yet and the next couple weeks weather will determine if we begin seeing a "turnover" of any type on some lakes.

Baits producing lately have varied just like fish location but there has been a trend of the traditional "fall" baits such as big Suicks, Mantas, and Bulldogs to bring up fish. All the while big AND smaller bucktails are also working along with crankbaits. Like I mentioned, a real variety of baits has been working, try em' all!

Be safe out there and good fishin to all.