PDA

View Full Version : My fishing report for 9-8-2010

jayder85
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Howdy,
Just figured that i would post a report from my day on the Cave. Justin does a great job with the keeping us up to date on the fishing so i thought that i may try to help out a little and let you all know what was going on when i was out there. It was my first trip out on the lake since my wife and i moved back from the army base in Mississippi. Boy am i glad to be back!
Anyway, wednesday morning we put in at 7 and fished til about 2 oclock. 10 to 12 seemed to be our best couple hours. We raised a total of four fish with one hookup and he threw the hook on us. All four looked to be fish in the upper 30's. Three of them were raised in 8 to 12 feet of water from the mouths of the coves to about halfway up in them with the hookup in deeper water. One was raised on a black Slowie early in the morning, two were raised on silver and blue Baby Girls, and the hook up was on a Bill Norman Deep Runner crankbait trolling the outside of the coves in about 25 feet of water when we decided to troll from one cove to the next. The water temps were in the lower to mid 70's. We hit the flats for about two hours with no luck at all. Justin is right the weeds are looking great and it should be great Fall fishing! Things are off to a great start and i dont think it will do anything except get better!