PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the Wind Fishing Report!! 9/9/2010

Mike Allen
09-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry not getting the pictures up. Problems with computer program. Hopefully up in the next couple of days.

Fishing was spotty over the weekend. There are limits being caught from Crow Creek to the Dam and some on Lake Sharpe. You really have to work them, and where you cacth fish one day you might not the next. It has been very windy all week 20-40 mph winds every day, which I am sure is affecting the bite.

Here is my report for the week.

On Sept 2nd (Thursday) and Friday we had a big group out from Aspenwall, IA. 5 boats. We had all boats fill out except 1 (me). I made a change of venue that did not work out. I ended up coming in 2 fish short. On Friday all boats filled in the group. I was the hot boat that day. Full at 9:00 a.m. We fished on Francis Case.

On Sat and Sunday we fished Francis Case with a family of 5 from Sioux City, IA and Alpena, SD. Had a hard time getting keepers. 25-30 mph wind did not help. Both days we ended up with 7. Caught around 30-40 fish each day. On sat I had 7 walleyes, 3 over 19 inches, 4 white bass, 3 smallmouth, and a catfish. Kids had a great time. Hope to see the group out again.

On Monday and Tuesday I had a group out from Frost, MN. Monday Started on Sharpe on Monday, ended on Case. Got our limit caught, although it took all day. (gusts over 50mph) pretty good considering. On tuesday, 30 mph winds, we ended up coming in a few short. Just could not get the bite going.

On Wed I had a group of Elk Hunters out from Deer River and Roy River, MN. We had one heck of a good day on Sharpe. Had our limit caught by 10:30 (16 fish) of fish from 16-19 inches. The other 2 boats caught their limit on Case. Hopefully they can shoot Elk as good as they can fish.

As you can see by the report that right now we do not know what to expect from one day to the next. Hopefully we can get some stable weather with a couple of days with no wind.

Make sure if you are planning to come out that you call a couple days in advance to get a report. We will be honest and try to steer you in the right direction. Our goal is to make sure you have a good trip and know what to expect. One thing is for sure, no one will fish harder for you than our staff at Allen's.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen

SDfisherman
09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Mike, I was wondering if you could tell me the most current water temp on Lake Francis Case? Also, have you heard if the bite from shore has picked up? With the cool weather one would think that the shore bite cannot be to far away.

Thanks