PDA

View Full Version : Jenk's fishing report

walleyemaxx
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Jenk's is located on "B" near "CC".

Jenks Fishing Report - Thursday, September 9, 2010
================================================== ==========

Walleye:
Walleye action is still a challenge. As the water has begun to cool they seem to be starting the transition over to minnows. 14-18 ft seems best.

Muskie:
More bucktail action lately--black with a green blade is best. And again, as the water has started to cool, we're seeing a little more jerk bait action. Even a little live bait activity.

Crappie:
The crappie can't seem to decide where they want to be. One day it's the bogs, next day it's the cribs, next day it's the weeds.....I think the cribs are the place to start.

Panfish:
Not many bluegill fisherman lately. Fish the deep brush with crawlers.

Bass:
Even fewer bass fishermen lately. I'd still be using crawlers but I've had some people in the store lately who were getting good fish in 15 ft on big minnows.

Weather report

Sounds like a pleasant weekend coming up. Mid 60's with scattered rain Fri night through Sat morning.

Water level

Looks like the lake has gone down close to a foot. Not to worry--lots of water out there.

Water temperature

A big cool off (2 or 3 nights in a row now in the 30's)has dropped water temps into the low to mid 60's.

Musky Hunt

Don't forget: this weekend is the Musky Hunt. Stay tuned for more info in my next report.

Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx