PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Sept. Fishing Report 8/31/2010

Mike Allen
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
The fishing has still been fair to good. The walleyes are not jumping in the boat, but we have still been producing limits of very nice fish. With our water temp cooling down, we expect the fishing to get better all the time. On Sunday I caught the biggest stringer of walleyes that I have caught all year. We are fishing both Francis Case and Sharpe. Some days we are fishing both lakes on the same day. We are targeting 5-15 feet of water on the flats on Sharpe and 10-20 feet of water on Francis Case.

Here is my weeks report with hopefully all pictures up by Wed night.

On Monday I had a couple out from Blanchard, WI. We got off to a slow start, but it was one heck of a finish. A very nice stringer of walleyes. We ended up catching up around 30 fish. Good thing we had Sue to catch most of the walleyes.

On Tuesday we had an afternoon trip from a Seed Company from Eastern South Dakota. The bite was a little tougher (it was good in the morning, dad had his limit when we got there). All in all it ended up pretty good. Spent the day with a very good bowler from Alpena and ended up with 10 very nice walleyes. We had 4 boats out in this group and ended up with 44 walleyes, a pretty good afternoon.

Off on Wed(Curt and Ken both had their limits by 9:00 a.m.)and Thursday to do some bowling business.

On Friday and Sat we had a co-op group out from the Denison, IA. Very heavy wind on Friday (40 mph+) We had 5 boats in this group and ended up with 61 walleyes between the boats. Pretty good with all that wind, and very nice fish. Glad we had Garry(dad) to show us the way. Sat was Ken and my day to lead. All boats filled out with some on Sharpe and some on Case. Ken fished on Sharpe and I fished on Case both of us caught between 30-40 fish. Outstanding August fishing trip.

Sunday and Monday I had a group out from Elmore, MN. Probably the best 2 day stringer I have caught all year. Sunday was the best limit with almost all fish from 17-21 inches. It took us all day to get our fish on Sunday and until 1:00 p.m on Sunday. Harold and Company have been with us many years and have always caught their limit. Hopefully we will see them again before the snow flies.

We are looking forward to fishing this fall. Hope to see you fishing with us.

Until next week
Mike Allen

With my bowling center opening up on Friday, my reports might not be as up date. I will try and do what I can to keep you informed.

Big Red
09-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi Mike,

How was the fishing over Labor Day on Francis Case.

Thanks

Mike Allen
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Look at New Fishing Report. It is very spotty. Some boats did real good and some struggled.