PDA

View Full Version : Lake Delavan Fishing Report 8/27

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
08-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Lake Delavan, A.M. Sunny, Air 75-85, Water 80, Winds S.W. 15
I had some good guys from PPPI Inc. out just looking for a nice relaxing six hours on the water catching fish, so we got a later than normal starting time, as they had a long drive in. Everyone looked like they had a good time catching about 11 largemouth bass, the biggest one was eighteen inches most were fourteen to sixteen inches, one northern pike that was thirty-five inches. Most on splitshot/crawlers or suckers. All released, I was a bit disappointed today seemed like everywhere I wanted to fish someone else was already there. We did get to see something kind of funny. About half way thru a drift and a pontoon pulls right in front of us and throws two anchors out. They go scuba diving looking for what nots??? As we make another drift thru the area I notice that the pontoon has moved it pulled the achors loose and was a drift you should of seen the looks on their eyes when they surfaces to find no pontoon around!! We also lost four hard pulling fish, two toothy critters broke/bite thru 30 Lbs floro and two pulled themselves into weeds both looked big by the bending and pulling that was going on and than they just came unhooked somehow. The best depth was 15 f.o.w. We caught more than 20 bluegills yhr best areas where out from the ash pile to grey condos, 3flags to pagoda.
When I get more time I will post some photos