PDA

View Full Version : The Summer Is Coming To The End...

Ranger Rick
08-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Wow, where did it go? The water temperatures are slowly starting to slip as the nights become longer and cooler. In 2 weeks H20 temperatures have dropped from low mid 80's to upper 60's. The fishing is about to improve as this will trigger suspending fish to move closer to structure, particularly in the lower light conditions and feed again more aggresively.

The number of anglers in the area has dropped markably with the onset of the school season.

Today we have high temperatures in the sixties and it feels like northwest winds up to 20 miles an hour. Fall is coming, my favorite time of the year to fish for muskies.

When the water tempertures get to about 62 degrees the muskies start to look at suckers with a new interest level. This is the time to use a 3-hook quickstrike rig as they do alot of tail biting. I also let the muskie start swimming away before setting the hook.

Mark Rottier and I head for Lac Seul on friday for our first houseboat school of 2010, stay tuned for the outcome of that adventure. There is a good population of 50 inch fish in a relatively small area on this 400,000 acre body of water. We have boated as many as five 50+ inchers with as few as 10 anglers on one of those trips.

I will post again on my return from Canada.

It's time to plan your fall muskie trip up north,

Ranger Rick