PDA

View Full Version : Lunker Report

Mat Hegy
08-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I have been so busy I have not taken time to do a report so here it is.
Muskie has been hot on topwater both Topraiders and Nightwalkers have been producing for me. Dark days have shown an all day bite with peaks in the evening, and sunset has been a constant on the sunny days. Both dark and clear water have been producing well fishing the outside weed edge and the shallow weed clumps in shallow water. I have been keeping my boat in 15 feet of water or less to target these toothy critters. Small to med size bucktails and crank/twitch baits have also been working. Was out again this morning had good excitement from the muskies and also ran over after watching a float plane do a nose dive into the lake coming to rest upside down in the water, both pilot and his dog were ok but shaken up. The cause of the crash is believed to be a malfunctioning gauge the said the wheels were retracted, they were not. I have to say that was the craziest thing I have seen in a long time watching this plane come to a sudden stop on its nose and then sink. Thankfully everything turned out.
Good luck to all.