PDA

View Full Version : August 7th report

walleyemaxx
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Well with the plentifull forage, the Walleye fishing remains tough, but not impossible. Drifting middepth sunken bogs I was able to jig up a nice 21"er. i also had 2 other fish on that I did not see, but figured them to be Walleyes by the fight.

Was using Xlarge leeches on jigs. That seemed to keep the blugils at bay, even tho I still had them bothering me once in a while. The water temp is starting to come down a bit, 76degrees. But still very warm. As I drifted along, I still saw clouds of bait fish. Of interest, when I saw clouds of bait fish with a big hook underneath is when I had the bites. The Walleyes are eating very good. That 21"er was nice and fat.

I fished some weed beds and noticed some of the weeds starting to die off. With the different angle of the sun,the algae bloom, and the reduced amount of daylight now, the weeds are reaching thier maturity and starting to die off. This will lead to the loss of hiding cover for the forage fish, and they will get cropped down quicker. The weeds that were growing out in the middepth bog areas were not as prevalent as they were earlier this summer, so the forage fish are being exposed out there as well. This will lead to tough fishing conditions untill the forage gets cropped down. But not impossible.

the good news is that we should have nice big Walleyes to fish for this fall. My plans to fish last night were ruined by the thunderstorm that came in. It started about 4oclock and by 6:30 was sill going strong, so I decided to make the trek back home to Eagle River. My plan is to fish a local favorite here tonight. I'll make a full report either tonight or tommorow.

If you are in need for a guide to fish for those big fat Walleyes this fall, contact me. We can set up a hunt for those big mama's. Pictured is the 21" walleye that I released.

Walleyemaxx