PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 8-1-10

walleyemaxx
08-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone,

Been busy, but was able to get out for 2-3 hours last night. Fished a small lake near home again. Did ok. Wound up with 3 Walleyes and a couple of small Small mouths. Fun to be out. It threatened to rain the whole time, but didn't, and we had a moderate wind from the South. I anchored up on a good piece of structure and caught fish right away. They were biting real light. Had to pay close attention again or you wouldn't know you got bit. All the Walleyes were real fat. They are eating real well. So much forage right now. It takes different jigging tactics to get bit. That's what makes it fun.

I caught all the fish on jig and leech combo's. I hook my leeches different than most people, and have many jigging tactics that I use. When I guide, I teach my clients all my tricks. I still have many openings, and the Walleye fishing should really start to pick up. As the forage is cropped down, the Walleyes have to hunt longer for food, and will find our offerings easier. With the excellent forage Mother nature provided this year, the Walleyes are really chunky. This fall should should have some excellent Walleye fishing on the Big Chip.

Call, or email me. We can set up an exciting fishing trip on the Chippewa Flowage.

Walleyemaxx