PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Herbie . . .

TONY
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
for another GREAT week!

We are back home and rather depressed after having just returned from AML from July 16-25. As always, Herbie and his staff are awesome! They take such good care of us! This year, my wife and I both caught our personal best muskies--mine, 50.5 and hers, 51.5. Okay, she has bragging rights!

Guides Cal, Mike, and Scott all did an excellent job of putting us on fish! We have never seen so many big fish--seemed like every spot--weeds or rocks--had fish! Cal and Mike did incredible net jobs on each fish! They all did a great job of nagivating us around and through some UGLY rain, lightning, and wind. They not only are great fisherman, but they know what they are doing out there on the water! We cannot wait until our return to AML next year.

Apart from the great fishing experience, we reunited with some good people that we have met over the years--Christina and Dave, Andrea and Jeff, Frank, Rob Manthei, Tony Puccio and others!

Tony and Lana Harter

ILGreenhead
07-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Pictures?????????

TONY
07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Tony's 50.5 and Lana's 51.5!

DanR
07-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Very nice. Congrats to you and your wife.

-Dan

ILGreenhead
07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
OHH MYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........That's what I'm talking about!! I'm heading up to Herbie's in 2 weeks!! Where did you catch those pigs so I can go hunt for them also????????

C.Painter
07-30-2010, 07:59 AM
ILgreenhead I bet if you hire Cal he will take you to those very spots...as I see Cal guided her to that beaut!! Congrats on your sucessful trip!

Will be in camp Spet 4-11!
Can't wait!

Jason VandeKopple
08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
OHH MYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........That's what I'm talking about!! I'm heading up to Herbie's in 2 weeks!! Where did you catch those pigs so I can go hunt for them also????????
You really don't even need to know those exact spots as every spot where the guides fish has 50"+ fish. I have never seen a lake with so many 50'+ fish swimming around!

DanR
08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
You really don't even need to know those exact spots as every spot where the guides fish has 50"+ fish. I have never seen a lake with so many 50'+ fish swimming around!
Ain't that the truth. Two of my friends are coming with me this year to Eagle Lake for their first time on this lake. At the Musky Show Herbie told them in a very matter of fact way, "I can't gaurantee you will catch one (a 50+), but I CAN gaurantee you will be around them."

And...it seems to get better and better every year.

Shhh, we better be quiet. We don't want this "secret" to get out... ;)

-Dan