PDA

View Full Version : Finding Mr. Walleye

walleyemaxx
07-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, Monday the 26th, I decided to look for Mr. Walleye. Fishing for Walleyes has been such an evening thing lately. Well I found him in the day time. He was hiding in the middepth submerged bog flats.

The bite started at about 1:30. it wasn't bang bang, but with the action from the Blugills, you never get bored. I,ve also noticed that catching Blugills is actually a good sign. Most people thimk if you catch some Blugills, there are no Walleyes around. Not so. Mr. Walleye is feeding on the same forage as the Blugills.

This year, it's been catch 3 Blugills, 1 nice Walleye. When the bite from the Blugills slow down, its actually time to move, because it seems that the Walleyes move too.

I wound up with a total of 6 Walleyes before 7 oclock. Also got 14 Blugills and 6 Bass. Those Blugills are right in there with the Walleyes. One Walleye was a 20"er. I also lost 2 huge fish. Never saw them, but could not hardly move them with my 6# test line. Line broke both times when they made runs, so I figured they were either northerns or musky's. All fish came on jig and leech combo's. The water temps remain in the mid 70's, and the algae bloom is here for the long haul. There was a nice SW wind making a perfect Walleye chop. I could smell the Walleyes. That is why I wished I could have fished the night bite.

But I had to leave early, so didn't fish the evening bite which I figured was going to be really super with the changing weather conditions.

I have open dates if you would like to chase Mr. Walleye. Call, or email me. We can set up a quality fishing trip.

Walleyemaxx