PDA

View Full Version : Musky Report 07/24/10

Tom Dietz
07-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Hit the lake with Dave Peterson and we had a fun day on the water. We got on the lake very early, but moved three nice muskies between forty and up to fifty inches all around 10:30am. Unfortunately, I had to pull off the water so I could get to work at the store by 1:00pm!! :( The fish came up on a Suick, a Cowgirl, and a Titan Tube by Musky Innovations, and though two were very hot fish, we couldn't coax one to hit.

My personal frustrations continue to mount, as I am seeing lots of nice muskies, but not boating them! I think it's called "Follow-itis"???? Well, I did manage a jumbo smallmouth (five pounder!) on a Loon colored Topraider which was cool. Full moon period is right now, and I need to bust this slump I am in over the next few days! If you recall my article in Musky Hunter called "Bust the Slump", this is one of those tough periods for me that we all go through from time to time as musky hunters and it was the premise for my article. I have a feeling though that when I break out of this thing, it will be in grand style! Good luck on the water.