PDA

View Full Version : fishing report for 7-25-10

walleyemaxx
07-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Steve today for a half day. Fishing was tough for the most part. We were occupied by the Blugills, but even they seemed slugish. We managed a lm bass and lost a sm bass, when finally I found a pod of Walleyes.

We wound up with 6 Walleyes for a total, electing not to keep any. 3 were around 16", and the rest were between 11-13"es. I found them on a hump with weeds and wood on the top and fairly sharp sides to the basin. It was just before dark, and we saw why the fishing is tough. There were big mayflies floating by. The Walleyes didn't slam the jig and leech, but rather, you had to pay attention, or you would miss the hit. Very light bites. Steve tried cranks for the heck of it, but no takers. Since I was catching the Walleyes on jigs with leeches, Steve switched back, and then was into catching Walleyes too.

the water temp is in the mid 70's,and the algae bloom is still under way. We had a north wind which was fairly light most of the day, and even had a quick moving rain storm pass thru very quickly. After it did, the skies cvleared up for the rest of the day.

Well, off to guide a half day today. Will report tonight.
Just a reminder, I have plenty of openings, if you need a guide , contact me and we can set up a fishing trip.

Walleyemaxx