PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report July 23

Dick Wilkening
07-23-2010, 06:30 AM
I have not posted in a few days been busy catching fish, camp has been busy and every one is having a good time.

The walleye fishing remains very good although you have to do some searching to find the bigger fish. We have been going out to the main lake areas to find the bigger ones. They are coming in 20 to 26 feet of water using jigs tipped with crawlers or leaches. We have also been using bottom bounces with great success on the bigger fish. The crank bait bite in the shallow rock bars has also been producing both big walleyes and very nice bass. These fish have been taking shad raps and walleye runners for me and I have talked to other who are jigs and plastics.

The northern fishing is very good right now. Everyone has been finding them, they are in the weeds and on the rock bars and points and they are taking just about anything you throw.

The musky fishing is coming on very strong, they are following my crank baits off of the rock bars. Dave Brown is in camp and caught a 50 1/2 inch fish under a boat dock two days ago.

The weather has been very mild temps in the mid 70's. The lake temp is averaging about 72 to 74. The algae have been blown into Andrew so that is why I have been spending more time in the main lake areas. The water level is at about normal pool for this time of year.

Dick Wilkening Pro Staff
Witch Bay Camp