PDA

View Full Version : eagle claw or mustad hooks

Josh Clark
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I have been sit here and thinking about doing some tackle craft to make a nice bucktail jig for bass, walleye, crappie, and northren..
i was wonder what is compare to 90 degree abenden hook in eagle claw or lazer sharp eagle claw or ultra point mustad,
trying to find a MOLD IT at DO IT site and not sure about have them make a 1 blank mold all in 1 from 1/16 to 1/2 oz jighead with plain collar or w/o collar or with collar ball.
on DO IT site seem like that eagle claw popular but i'm thinking of make them

i do have old blank that i been make for 1/32 oz and have success with panfish, now want to do with next level for gamefish like walleye, bass, northren.. just need to upgrade to big round ball leadhead in size for water moving..

Josh

Joel DeBoer
07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Josh,

I personally am a fan of Mustad hooks, and use them for all my own personal jig making needs as well as on all my lures from panfish-sized to musky baits. Here's a link to the Mustad catalog page - the jig hooks are near the top:
http://www.mustad.no/catalog/na/products.php?id=12

Tight lines,

Josh Clark
07-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I have been looking at mustad hooks and like that, also i have went in DO IT mold site and want to take a look at blank to build a jighead but trying to find the model for mustad fit in and didnt see anythings but most i see is eagle claw 570-575 but i want to find where i can get a blank that will able to put mustard 90 degree jig,
i not sure what the collar will be better with bucktail as barb, ring, ball, and plain or no collar either
the size i was seeking the 4 different in 1 blank is 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8 oz anythings need help to find a mustad hook blank mold and the collar

1 more things to ask, where can i get a mustad hooks, and i wonder if gander mountain can order for me or can i get from somebody who is sponsor like you joel that might can get direct mustad inc ??

Josh

prichard
07-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I know that Gander stocks bulk hooks for their molds and if they do not have it in stock can order it for you quickly. My advice...pick a mold from DO IT and use whatever hook they recommend; I do not see a difference in quility between eagle and mustad jig hooks.

Joel DeBoer
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Josh,

I would look at ordering from Cabela's or Bass Pro - there catalogs contain just about anything you would need.

Tight lines,

Josh Clark
07-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I have make contact with DO IT MOLDs in iowa and havent hear from them in few days since i email them..

if you ever go in site DO IT MOLD and find a walleye jig mold that look like a roundhead with some of flat in the front of head it has a snag resst and i was think about order that one with eagle claw hooks to use for walleye and smallmouth bass coz both fish are releation to rock/gravel
the prefect one here u go see this link

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=232

Josh