PDA

View Full Version : Kids Can Catch 50 Fish a Day

Mike Trachta
07-18-2010, 09:28 PM
It's True.

Oak Haven Resort continues to be a very popular place for kids and more people are finding out about us. In just a few hours of fishing a kid can land a whole lot of fish. Families can relax with our no pets and no profanity policies. And with our "9PM to 9AM is Quiet Time" policy, everyone gets a good nights sleep in quiet comfort. If you are looking for a resort where it's quiet at 10 PM...even with every cabin and the campground full...we're it!

On our most recent Kids Pontoon Fishing trip....we kept 41 of the fish we landed for our afternoon "kids only fish fry." We released 3 fish or more for every keeper. So easily, we landed over 150 fish in an hour and 45 minutes. Now, keep in mind...most were small fish. But if "Catching Fish" is what you want your kids to do....you need to come see us. I told a Dad today...."If you and your boys don't find 'em....I'll take you to them." But I really don't think that will be necessary. They're just a short boat ride away.

Summer means many species of fish. Our guests have landed nice Walleyes, big Largemouth Bass, good Pike, 11-14 inch Crappies, jumbo 9-10 inch Bluegills and countless numbers of Perch and Rock Bass.

Our guests have landed two Muskies, but at least a dozen more have been seen by our guests. Recently my son Jeff and I were fishing the drop off at Andrusia, anchored and working jigs and minnows along the edge of the current, when a monster Musky gently and peacefully grazed the surface only 15 feet off the back of our boat. Agonizingly slow, the fish showed us his entire back, then a large fin, then a huge tail that looked to be 20 inches wide.

We have some Musky hunters scheduled for September and would like to see more of you try this area. There are certainly many 50+ inchers not far from Oak Haven. We have numerous starting points to show you. But I can't post that here....you'll need to book a cabin with us and get more details when you arrive.

Thank You to all of our guests....so many new guests and so many returning regulars...we've seen a very substantial increase in our bookings each of the last two years. This years guests have given us so many nice compliments on the remodeling, all the log siding, AC in all cabins, the totally revamped outdoor swimming pool and the fact that both pools are heated to around 83-85 degrees every day for our Registered Guests to enjoy. Parents and Grandparents say things like "there's no cigarette butts on the ground here"....and "I haven't heard anyone cuss all week." That's Oak Haven Resort. We're NOT just another resort. (Not to mention our pizza, burgers, chicken drummies, root beer floats and ice cream!)

Remember, our rental boats are fully equipped. For one price you get a clean boat with a flat floor that keeps helps keep your feet dry. All of our rental boats include a Mercury Outboard Motor with electric start (no pulling cords)....a live well....a graph.....and electric trolling motor, live jackets, quality anchor and more. You get a better fishing boat for your dollars at Oak Haven Resort.

We still have many nice cabins available in August and September of this year. After you read this, you should call us. Please call between 8 AM and 8 PM. Toll Free 1-877-860-9948. We are also taking many reservations right now for 2011.

Thank You. See you soon?