PDA

View Full Version : update, 7-15-10

Shane & Cathy
07-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Hello Again Everyone, this is Catch em Cathy from Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop with your friday fishing minute update. Finally, what beautiful weather we have all been blessed with for this weekend!! The walleye bite has picked up a bit since my last report and we have been having our best luck on Lindy Timber Jigs. These jigs have a light wire hook guard which makes them weedless and easy to retrieve through the cabbage weeds. The walleyes are holding tight to the bottom just inside of the weeds, so cast your jig right into them tipped with a Large to Jumbo sized leech. Another deadly method this week has been drifting the channels with a Crawler Harness. If you have a harness with a spinner blade, this seems to be working even better. The largest walleye registered this week was 271/2 inches. The Perch and Bluegill bite remains strong, we have been finding them in the weeds, 3-5ft of water. Their favorite meal this time of year seems to be a baby crawler, also known as a beavertail. Tip these on a plain hook for bluegill , and for perch you want to use a small floating jighead worked along the weed edges. The crappie bite has picked up as well. Floating Rapalas, size 3 worked near fallen trees, or the deep side of the weed edges have been hot. The best time has been an hour before sunset. The numbers being caught isn't up there yet, but the size has been significant, up to 14 inchers. Also, 1/16 to 1/8 oz jigheads tipped with a plastic tail has been producing a fair amount of crappies. Yellow and Orange seems to be this weeks colors. Alot of Musky have been registered here in the shop this week, and action has been picking up on the area riversystem. Topwater and shallow running baits have been reigning supreme. I would like to congratulate Tina Frick on her catch and release of a 51" muskie Wednesday. This Musky was HUGE, weighing in around 45-50 pounds. For pictures of this trophy Musky, be sure to look on fishtomahawk.com. Well, thats all for today, this has been your fishing update with Catch em Cathy. For daily fishing updates and fish pictures, log on to our website at fishtomahawk.com!

JimL
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't know if I just couldn't find it, but I didn't see the musky on fishtomahawk.com. I can't wait to see that monster!

Mark Benson
07-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Jim:

Here you go:

http://www.muskyhunter.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=20110&mesg_id=20110&page=

Mark

JimL
07-18-2010, 09:07 AM
What a fish!