PDA

View Full Version : walleyemaxx report 7-11-10

walleyemaxx
07-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone,

Fished alone today. Got a late start, and had a hard time finding any fish untill about 1:30. Caught a 21" Walleye which I cpr'ed. Caught it on a jig and leech. I never give up on my jigs. caught her on a mid depth bog hump.

After striking out for the next 2 hours, I finally figured they had to be in the weeds. So, off to the weed flats, and I did find them. A storm was coming when i arrived at the first weed flat. Before the storm hit, I caught a fat 20"er. I released her too. I had to wait about an hour after that to let the storm pass. it rained hard, but luckily, it didn't have much lightning.

I then went to the weed flat that John and I did so good at the day before. The wind was still blowing into it, and I caught 4 more Walleyes and a slew of big blugills and a sm. Bass. Every fish was released. the biggest Walleye from that bunch was 20"s.

So I wound up with 6 walleyes with 1-21" and 2-20"ers. A very fun day , but cut short with another storm rolling in. It looked bad, so I called it a day Today I guide two guys, I will report how we fair in our sesrch for Mr. Walleye.

Good luck fishing everyone

Walleyemaxx