PDA

View Full Version : walleyemaxx report 7-10-10

walleyemaxx
07-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Guided John today. Fishing was slow for most of the day, but our hard work and persistence paid off. Fishing the middepth structures weren't producing any hits, much less any fish, so I decided it was time for a change, and headed to the shallower weed flats. The first one produced only a couple small perch. I told John that I knew a weed flat that had the wind blowing in to it all day. That was at 5:30. By 10 after 6 we had our limit of walleyes all in the 15-16" size, and released 2 more.

We started out with jig and leeches, but that wasn't doing it. John put on a JSR5 and the second cast caught our first Walleye. I stubbornly stayed with the jig and leech when John caught our second Walleye. that was it, we both thru JSR5's, and caught our limit plus the two others. We also caught Blugills on the JSR5's, and bass. It was a fun flury of activity after being so slow for most of the day.

Tommorow I'll start out in the weed flats to see if the fish are there all day. Of interest, I saw what looked like stone fly's hatching, and the algae is starting to thicken up. The other key here is that the weed flat with the wind blowing into it had active fish feeding.

Will be fishing by myself tommorow, and will report how I do.

Walleyemaxx

JRN
07-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Definitely a great day Maxx! Just shows that if you keep at it sooner or later it will pay off!