PDA

View Full Version : any muds

Flambeau Riverman
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
John,
do you have any muds?
We always like trying a few new musky lakes when were up north.
There's 2 we would like to try Squaw and Buckskin in western Vilas/Oneida
just south of Pike&Round off of hwy 70.
We can't seem to find any public access do you know if there is any and where or if there are any resorts where we could launch are boat?
Thanks for any info.

Mark Benson
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Squaw public access NW corner of lake, take West Squaw Lake Road in... Buckskin take right on Bo-di-lac just before Crickets bar go to public landing on east side of lake.

Mark

teenfisher
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
i don't know if i would bother going to buckskin, had a winter kill a couple years ago.

John Carlson
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Mark thanks for the help with that, I know what road to turn on but don't know names. As of right now I don't have any muds in the store, I have 2 trucks comming in this week and I will se what I can do. None of the trucks have had any on for a couple of weeks now.

Flambeau Riverman
07-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks,
Mark, teenfisher, and John.

John will give you a call sat. the 17th as were getting close to Phillips to see if you have any muds. One other question do you know anybody that could clean a few northern for us I tend to tear up the fillets trying to get that xtra bone out.
Thanks again
Dave

teenfisher
07-12-2010, 11:52 PM
if you have trouble trying to get the y-bone out then you should try this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3-GLr9bTXM

Mark Benson
07-13-2010, 10:11 AM
teenfisher:

Don't know that I would completely stay away from Buckskin, but if I wasn't seeing much after a couple of hours, I would probably move on. You never know, you might find fishing to be good and without the crowds of the years before the winterkill.

Mark

Flambeau Riverman
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
teenfisher:

Don't know that I would completely stay away from Buckskin, but if I wasn't seeing much after a couple of hours, I would probably move on. You never know, you might find fishing to be good and without the crowds of the years before the winterkill.

Mark

Mark,
Thanks for the info on the public landings for Squaw and Buckskin did Buckskin
have muskies in it before the winterkill on the DNR site it didn't list fish species? It looks like an intresting lake pretty shallow except that deep part in the middle. It looks like it might have been one heck of a musky lake.
Thanks,
Dave

Mark Benson
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I have never fished Bucky, but have friends who live on the lake and others who fished it regular before the kill. I have seen hotspots maps of it telling of muskies and also know that in Russ Smiths book of Oneida Co. lakes, he has it marked as well. I think it is also in Dave Strebig's Book on Oneida/Viilas musky lakes. I know that there are still currently a few northern.perch/walleyes swimming in it. So the DNR info must be a a little outdated???

Mark