PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 7/8

Gene Dellinger
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Lake Mendota small mouth bass action has continued to be spotty, with some action on the weedlines and some action in 20'-30' off the Bars. There has been some reports of the perch bite in the weeds. Most of the bite has come on helgramites and spikes. We have had helgramites in the store periodically as of late, but call ahead to make sure. Some nice sized bluegills have been spotted on the weedlines as well.

Lake Monona blue gill bite has continued to be good with fish in the 7.5"-8.5" range. Try fishing both on the weedlines and in deeper water. Some areas to try include Olbrich Park, Hudson Park, Slueter Beach, Turville Point, and the Rockpile in front of Squaw Bay. Muskies continue to be somewhat active, while the bass have started to school up by the weedlines.

Lake Waubesa bluegill bite has been tough this summer. Some success has come in recently by fishing over the weed tops around Hog Island, Goodland Park, and in front of Babcock Park. According to recent reports the deeper, suspended bite has not yet started.

Lake Kegonsa has been producing a few nice perch and bluegills along the weedlines. While the numbers have been lacking, the size has not disappointed.

Don't forget to check out our sale, taking place July 11-18. Hard and soft bait will be 15% off with a coupon which can be found here (http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/showthread.php?t=17448).

E-Man
07-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Tried Mendota this morning for perch and bluegill. Beautiful day. Marked lots of fish from the weedline out to 28 feet, but couldn't get a bite. Four other boats around me but I didn't see them catch anything either.

aitlbhawg
07-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Was out on Mendota tonight and saw (literally) hundreds of fish on the finder around the Warner launch / Maple Bluff area, in the weeds around 8-10 feet. Not sure what they were, as they didn't want what I had to offer...Will try live bait next time. A little frustrating to see all of the fish and not have a bite, but encouraging, because I now know where they are. Leaches and crawlers are on the menu next time out :) ~Eric