PDA

View Full Version : Weekend of 07/04/12 Musky Report

Tom Dietz
07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
My boys and I fished in the evenings this past weekend and had a lot of good musky action from fish up to around forty-two inches. Though we encountered no big ones, we sure saw a lot of active muskies. My son Matt had the biggest fish of the weekend explode on his Topraider and shake his head twice, only to come off on Saturday night. Meanwhile, John and I were raising different fish on a combination of double ten's, Musky Innovations Titan tubes, and Pacemakers during a major feeding window. Right at first dark, John spotted two big hooks on my Lowrance down about seventeen feet over twenty-two feet of water. He immediately grabbed my bulldawg rod, and fired a cast in their general direction. He counted down his lure about ten seconds, made one pull, and BAM! He nailed a nice thirty-eight incher that literally inhaled his Dawg. He also boated this nice thirty-five inch Pike on a Bulldawg on Tuesday morning of this week.

My boat is in for a minor repair (the faulty oil sensor that went bad in Eagle River), and then I will be back in business! Good luck to everyone on the water.