PDA

View Full Version : Fishing is still good 7/7/2010

Mike Allen
07-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Sorry for the delay in the fishing report. The July 4th holiday threw off my timing.

The fishing has still been good to excellent. Our summer storms slow the bite up a bit for the first part of the day. We have still been fishing from Iron Nation to the Big Bend Dam on Sharpe and from Kiowa to the Big Bend Dam on Francis Case. 15-21 feet on Crawlers have been best. We are catching 60-100 fish on most days.

Here is my week of fishing. On Monday I had 2 guys from Council Bluffs, IA. We fished on Francis Case and caught 70 walleyes and 5 catfish. Very nice fish 16-20 inches.

On Tuesday and Wed, I had a couple out from Atlantic, IA. We fished on Francis Case and Sharpe on Wed. Caught 45 fish on Francis Case and 25 fish on Lake Sharpe. On Wed we fished on Sharpe and caught 65 fish. Excellent fishing outing.

On July 1st and 2nd I had a group out from Fremont, NE area. We followed a major storm on the first day and caught 30 fish. A little slow for our area. On day 2 we made an adjustment and caught 45 fish by 10:30 a.m. The best size fish I have caught all year. What a great day for a grandfather and grandson to enjoy time together. Excellent way to finish a 2 day trip.

On July 3rd I had a family out from Columbus and Hastings, NE. We caught 70 walleyes. An excellent family fishing outing.

I hope to get last weeks pictures up by Thursday evening.

Until next time
Mike Allen

bearcat
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
i was out to lake sharp 1st 2 3 of july fished iron nation couldn't by a bite went north of brule to the pumping station fished clear up to west bend to the other pumping station and only caught two walleye in two days . tried plugs crawlers leaches and gulp used spinners half a crawler plane gold hook and half a worm fished from 8 to forty feet . you got any tips sounds like you had better luck.long haul from iowa for two fish would like to go back love the aeria thanks for any advice bearcat

Mike Allen
07-08-2010, 09:08 PM
July 1st was a tough bite. We followed a major storm. Caught my fish in 15-18 feet of water on the high banks. Went below the dam for the last 1 1/2 hours and caught a few. On July 2nd and 3rd we found some fish shallow, 4-8 feet of water. The bite for us was awesome for those 2 days, almost everyone staying at the motel caught there limit. On the 2nd our group caught a 22 - 20, and 4 fish from 18-19 inches to go along with there limit.

My advice would be to hire one of us for one day and then go out on your own the next 2 days. We have many groups that do this. One is here this week. You will have a much better chance of success.

Our group fishes bottom bouncers, spinners and crawlers, trolling at around 1.2 mph.

Sorry for your luck. Next time I am sure you will do better.

Mike Allen