PDA

View Full Version : July 4 fishing report

JENS
07-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I haven't been out fishing the last couple days, I don't like fishing in high winds. Tonight I went out on the east side from 4-8pm. I started fishing a couple trees that looked like they could hold fish but I didn't find any there. I then went to some humps with the same result. At 6pm I started fishing a weedbed in 4-7 fow and that's where they were. I caught some nice fish, I kept 2-16" released a couple more that size and the rest were 14" or better. I just drifted thru the weeds looking for edges and throwing a jig & leech. All the fish were very aggressive, so I did try a spinner,and a jig with a plastic minnow, but neither produced. I also tried anchoring with a slip bobber but again I didn't catch any using it but I think if I would have spent more time trying the slip bobber it would have worked too.
Jens

walleyemaxx
07-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi JENS,

Sounds like you had to work for them again. You prove that hard work and determination, and being willing to experiment will pay off.

It's funny that the spinners didn't work in the weeds. This time of year, that usually can be a great method. When a person has to work a bit and try different methods in different locations, I know it can be real satisfying to find success.

Good luck on your next fishing trip JENS. I look forward to your next report.

Walleyemaxx