PDA

View Full Version : Tackle

Jamiah1
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
I have never been fishing up North before much less Canada, My fishing adventures include, bass, speckled trout and redfish, after looking at the what to bring section of the Andy Meyers Lodge website and knowing that I have to provide rods and reels for My wife, son and me I wanted to know if anyone out there could break this equation down to 3 rods and 3 reels a piece that would cover all of of our fishing in Canada. Would also help me to travel a lot lighter- Thanks Jeremiah

Mukluk
06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
What kind of fish to you plan to target ?

Steve Herbeck
06-29-2010, 02:31 PM
you can cover just about anything with 3 outfits easily and can get by with just 2 depending on what you arew fishing
walleyes/bass
a 6 1/2-7' med light spinning rod (st croix premier or tournament) a #2 size reel (garica abu cardinal) with 6-8# berkly vanish transition
bass/pike/lakers
7' med casting rod with a abu revo 10-14# berkly sensi thin or 50# spider Wire stealth or berkly fireline braid
musky/pike
1 or the other or both depending on how big of baits
8-8 1/2 ' med heavy st croix tournament, musky innovations,fenwick
bucktails,#8-9 blades,topwater,twitch'n 6-8" minnowbaits,med rubber/tubes
60 or 60 revo toro 65-80# spiderwire stealth or fireline braid
8 1/2" heavy st croix tournament, musky innovations,fenwick
(big blades,ripp'n big cranks/minnowbaits,dawgs)
revo toro 60 for all round revo, toro winch for big blades/big cranks
80-100# spider wire stealth or 80# fireline braid

Jamiah1
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Mukluk And Steve - Muk- whatever is biting hopefully I will have an opportunity at all species listed at The Andy Meyers Lodge whatever direction they point me to will be fine- this first trip for me is about learning these Northeren species which will be all new to me, I am a very seasoned bass and saltwater angler looking for some new thrills. Steve Thanks that helped a lot, looking forward to meeting you at the lodge -Jeremiah