PDA

View Full Version : How are the Muskies?

DanR
06-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Cmon Herbie!!! We're dyin over here to hear how the first week was!! :D

You and the boys must be in your glory!

-Dan

Steve Herbeck
06-26-2010, 02:43 PM
sorry about not getting a report up last week ,been swamped both giuding and running camp,running 18-20/7 just seems to be taking longer to get into fighting shape every year. will get one up soon and got a ton of big fish pics to post.
musky just opened sat. only 1 group really concentrated on muskies 4 days straight a couple others dabbled.
the stevens group got 2 50's,one with mike ,one with me,4 other fish 38-mid 40's,lost 3-4 good ones,got 3-4 big pike,scotty got a 53". martens got a 42",viltofts had 3 fish incl thier young sons first fish each, danny has a 52" to his credit plus 2 other this week mid 40" fishing walleyes with the hoffman group plus a 42 and a 45" pike plus 6 walleyes over 30" this week and a bunch of 26-28"ers.
despite a lingering mayfly hatch we been catching lots of fish and some real quality. will detail in report tomorrow.
see ya soon man!!

DanR
06-27-2010, 10:09 AM
the stevens group got 2 50's,one with mike ,one with me,4 other fish 38-mid 40's,lost 3-4 good ones,got 3-4 big pike,scotty got a 53". martens got a 42",viltofts had 3 fish incl thier young sons first fish each, danny has a 52" to his credit plus 2 other this week mid 40" fishing walleyes with the hoffman group plus a 42 and a 45" pike plus 6 walleyes over 30" this week and a bunch of 26-28"ers.
Very nice. 4 50's this week with limited targeting of Muskies. How are the fish looking this year? Nice and thick?

I like hearing about those big Pike and Walleyes too! One of these years, I gotta get out with Danny in the evenings and target trophy Walleye.

despite a lingering mayfly hatch we been catching lots of fish and some real quality. will detail in report tomorrow.
see ya soon man!!
Sounds good. I cannot wait. I know my buddies Mike and Shane are bouncing off the walls in anticipation of their first trip to Eagle. And as you know, Chuckie is fired up about coming up to meet me that second week. Wow, two weeks in a row for me this year...how lucky am I! :)

Battling some wrist issues, but got 7 weeks to straighten it out. Got some barbells and those squeezy-ball things to strengthen it.

See ya soon, but not soon enough! ;)

-Dan

DanR
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Herbie,

How has the Musky fishing been? How do the catches compare to prior years? I know you were pretty excited about the possibilities this year.

-Dan

Steve Herbeck
07-24-2010, 09:52 AM
muskys been going good.
i'll post a report sun sorry but i been running my #%&^ off!
twice i took an hr + to write reports last week and got side tracked by guests and the post timed out so i had to start all over and didn't have the time.
last week cessnas got a 50.5 and a 51.5, harters 2 51.5,brent 49,jeff 48.5,there was a bunch of 42-48's,we got 6 fish filming with redfinn outdoors 2 days,and lots of good fish moving around,it seems to be ready to explode.
as it seems always there were more big fish on and off than boated.

DanR
07-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Sounds good buddy! Thanks for the quick update.

Absolutely. Friggin. Dying. Overhere! Can't wait to get there, and catch up with ya...and chase some JUMBOS.

Say hi to the guys for me, and tell em I'll see em soon!

-Dan