PDA

View Full Version : Musky rods

Russ
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Steve,

What's your opinion or anyone elses opinion of musky rods with retractable butts? For an all around rod, what length would you suggest.

Scotty Jags
06-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey Russ, not sure if it's a hauling issue for you or whatever, but you may want to look at the TICA. They make a great rod. I've got a couple and they are 8'6" and they break down to around 7'. They are extra heavy but don't seem to be a whole lot different from my 8'6" heavies of other brands. I know you can get various lengths and different actions. not sure where your at but I know you can get them from Rollie and Helens.

Good Luck,

Scott

DanR
06-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I have two Tica's. Have not had any issues. My buddy Mike has broken two, but I think he would have broken ANY rod. :D

-Dan

muskydanno
06-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I would highly recommend the Okuma Evx Musky rods. I have a 9'3 extra heavy that breaks down to 7 foot something (havent checked) and that rod simply rocks! It tosses pounders to blades to just about anything you would want with ease and is fairly light. And for the over the counter warranty and under 120 dollar price tag you cant beat it. I may just go out to Thornes and buy a second one soon.
Dan