PDA

View Full Version : Citations filed in overbagging case.

walleyemaxx
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone,

This was in the Saywer County Record today.

Citations filed after DA recommends penalties for 13 fishermen
by Kathy Hanson
Staff reporter
Published: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:57 PM CDT
Citations have now been filed with the Sawyer County Clerk of Court on the 13 subjects who were arrested in the May 21 Chippewa Flowage overbagging violation in which 2,238 fish were seized.

“The fish that have been seized in this case have all been processed (cleaned and frozen) and will be retained until all legal proceedings have concluded,” said Richard Rosen, conservationist warden supervisor with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.

Rosen said that they are still waiting to hear from Milwaukee DNR officials who were working on leads that others Milwaukee-area anglers who were with the 13 men were also part of the overbagging. Regarding the penalties invoked, Rosen said that Conservation Warden Sue Miller and the Sawyer County district attorney consulted on the appropriate charges in the case.

“They have looked very closely at the facts of the case, as well as the history of prosecution on overbagging cases in Sawyer County,” Rosen said. He said the district attorney’s final recommendations were determined by taking into consideration the following:

• The significant monetary penalties in fines and forfeitures over $25,000;

• The cooperation by the defendants involved in the case;

• Discretion in balancing deterrence versus punishment; and,

• Differing violations for each defendant.

“Ultimately a judge will preside over this case and may increase or decrease penalties as prescribed in the penalty sections of the applicable laws,” Rosen said.

I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Walleyemaxx
Respect-Earned not given

corby
06-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I sure hope the Judge looks at these guys past....it seems this isn't the first time the reverend has had issues with authority. I just looked up Nathaniel Johnson Jr., Born 1/1952, and he has had some other major issues..... Look him up here...........http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseSearch.xsl;jsessionid=B77C1721AFC95CFC91 688BB2FFA09C0F.render2

Corby