PDA

View Full Version : Steve Anderson.... may he rest in peace

Ranger Rick
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I received some very sad news yesterday that I'm going to share with those of you that may have known Steve Anderson. Steve lost his battle to cancer on Saturday night.

Those of you that knew Steve were aware of his love of musky fishing. I met Steve when he hired me to guide him many many years ago. He then became a regular at many of the fishing schools we offer. It was at a Crow Rock Lodge adventure on Lake Of The Woods when Steve finally broke the magic 50 inch mark. I remember it like yesterday, Steve Anderson and Steve Luebke were fishing with me that historic day. I can still picture the strike as that big girl gobbled his Baby Loon Topraider at the end of the cast. Most of you know what I mean when I say it was awesome. I attached a photo of Steve and his 50 below.

Recently Steve had been attending our Big Narrows Trip on LOTW every summer with his pal Rich Kirts. We will all miss Steve at this years trip.

Steve was the kind of a guy that would give you the shirt off his back or help you out any way he could if you were his friend. I will miss him.

If you knew Steve Anderson and would like to attend his memorial service....
this is the information you need:

Steve Anderson Memorial Service

Belmont Village Assisted Living Facility
500 McHenry Road (Between Lake Cook Rd and Buffalo Grove Rd)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois

Gathering at 2 PM
Memorial Service at 3 PM

There will be a meal after the service at the PALM COURT RESTAURANT located at the intersection of Arlington Heights Road and Palatine Road. All are welcome.

See you tomorrow in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.

Ranger Rick

ToddM
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Steve, was a great member of FRV. We will miss him. Rest in peace Steve.