PDA

View Full Version : June 10 fishing report

JENS
06-10-2010, 08:16 AM
I went out yesterday around 2PM. I was headed for a hump that I thought might be kind of out of the wind. The hump wasn't that much out of the wind but it was better than being right out in it. The hump was in 7fow and went down to 15fow on the sides. My trouble was an 1/8 ounce jig was to light, I couldn't feel the jig in the wind and a 1/4 ounce was getting hung up to often. So I broke out the slip bobber pole and set it at 9'. I would throw it in the 7 fow and just drag it off the side. There were walleye not alot but enough to keep me from going out in the wind. After 3 hours I had caught 8 walleye, 1-19" the rest 15" and below,4 smallmouth, 2 perch all released. Then I headed out in the wind stopped at one spot, for 15 minutes and I just wasn't going to fight the wind so I headed in.

walleyemaxx
06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi JENS,

Thanks for the nice report. Sounds like another succesful fishing trip. Does that hump have weeds on top, or is it stompy? It can be a trick to maintain proper boat control in high winds, but it seems you did a good job of that.

I just saw the DR. today, and I should get a clean bill of health in about a week and a half. Swelling is down, and it isn't to painfull. Than I'll be good to go. i look forward to fishing with you sometime if we get the chance. untill then, keep the reports coming. Again Thanks.

Walleyemaxx

JENS
06-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Hello Tom
That hump seemed like it had some wood on top. I think that's where I left alot of my jigs anyway. I didn't pull any weeds off this hump. Good news about your foot, it won't be long before you're back out there. Yeah, let's get together when you are all healed up, it would be alot of fun!
I went out on Thursday, and struck out. I had marked some places on a map that I wanted to check out, most of them looked like they had potential but I couldn't get anything to bite. I did stop at a couple spots that I had caught fish at before but I didn't do any good. I saw a couple Mayflys floating, I don't know how long they have been around but it is the first I saw them. They say the bite is poor when you start seeing them, but last year I had some very good fishing during a hatch. I think it's like always, you just have to find the hungry fish. I had bad news, I had to come home for a couple weeks, I have to work. I hate that when work gets in the way of fishing. LOL Then after I get that out of the way, I will be back, hammering at those walleyes again!
Jens

walleyemaxx
06-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi JENS,

Work is a four letter word! Haha.It always seems to get in the way. On a weedless hump like that, I would've set the slip bobber about two fet off the bottom. That way it would have floated free aver the top of the hump. Don't know if you would have caught more fish, but you would have lost fewer jigs. Just a thought.

The thing about the may flies can be tricky.Most of the times it seems to make catching walleyes tough. But I've also seen times when the hatch turned them on. I think it's a matter of timing. Using leches is usually better when the hatch is on, also using inline spinners instead of crank baits when fishing shallow water. Put a plastic minnow body on the spinner. It seems to turn the trick. If you have any questions, email me.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
06-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi JENS,

Got your email thanks. I'll be in touch.

Walleyemaxx