PDA

View Full Version : Here is what happened Monday...

Ranger Rick
06-08-2010, 08:42 AM
As promised here is what happened on Monday while guiding on North Twin.
I was fishing with Kevin, Rob and their grandfather, Bob. We hit the water at 9 AM. We were all throwing high flash spinners. There was little to no wind all day, with a very high sky. Brutal conditions. The water temperature was 69degrees on the big lake. There were mayfly carcasses floating in good numbers.

At 9:45 Kevin had a large fish follow his bait to the boat, no dice. She was 45to 48 inches. At 10 AM, Rob missed a hookset way out at the end of the cast. A little inexperience was the issue. At 10:35 I slammed the hooks into a 36.25 at the end of the cast. This fish had a huge fresh bite mark that was on the last 1/3 of it's body that encompassed it's stomach and both sides of the body. This shows there are still monsters residing in North Twin.

As the sun rose high in the sky the action died until 2:30 on the small lake, I missed a muskie in heavy weeds. I turned the fish, but could not get a hookup.

That was it, action from 4 fish, on a hot windless sunny day.

Today it is blowy, with a stiff south wind, with rain coming in,,,, I wish I was on the water!

See you up north,

"Ranger" Rick

Mr Musky
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
RANGE, im Loving the Musky War Stories! Congrats on the big pig and the fish the day after, Keep the stories coming. Always a pleasure listening to you behind the screen or bellied up to the bar. Can wait to get up and tip a few back.

Craig from Appleton.