PDA

View Full Version : June 7 fishing report

JENS
06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I went out at 10 AM and the gameplan was to just cover a bunch of water on the east side. I started on weed edges, then bogs, and cribs. By 2 PM and had no fish in the boat. I came to an area that looked like a bog in 14 fow along side the river channel. I had intended to go upwind and drift thru it with a jig and leech. I was just getting ready to start the drift when I noticed I had just gone over some really good looking structure. It was a foot higher than the rest of the area, had all kinds of wood around it and on it, and next to the channel. So I decided to anchor upwind and throw a jig and leech and see what happened. The action was nonstop for 2 hours. The walleyes were stacked in that little area. I did try a slip bobber for awhile, I had it set to deep in the beginning and the jig was on bottom, I caught 3 walleyes in 3 casts like that. When I raised the jig a foot off from bottom I never got a bite, so I went back to losing jigs. I don't know how many I caught but I kept 2-15" for supper, I released 1-20" and bunch of 14" and below. At 4 PM it had slowed so I left and hit a couple more spots but didn't do any good. Just another great day of fishing on the Flowage.

walleyemaxx
06-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi JENS,

Great report. Persistence pays off. It's fun when you finally find a school of active fish. Way to go on releasing the bigger Walleye. That's a good example for all of us to follow. Keep up the reports. Thanks.

Walleyemaxx