PDA

View Full Version : June 6th fishing report

walleyemaxx
06-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Well, I couldn't just sit here any more. I had the wife take me fishing. We drove to a small lake close to home. But within 1/2 mile of the lake down a dirt road, we encountered a tree over the road. I had to back us out about a mile, and than we drove to a different lake close to home.

Nice thing about living in Eagle River is there are lots of lakes close to home. After the wife helped me hobble down to the shore line, I just leisurely casted a spinner out past the weeds. After 20 min. I had my first fish. It fought hard, and I really thought I had a decent Walleye on. But when i got it to the weeds, it showed itself. About a 35" Musky.

now that was fun. Actually just what the doctor ordered. After a good picture, it was released to fight another day. feeling pretty good about that, I kept fishing. 20 min later, BAM. It hit like a ton of bricks right next to shore. This time, there was no doubt. Another Musky. But this was a little guy about 25". Beautiful coloration tho. After a quick picture, he was released to grow up so I could catch him again.

After another 20 min. my foot started to feeling a little painfull so we headed back home. Not having been able to wet a line for two weeks prior, it sure felt great to get out. Even if it was for only an hour. Now it will be easier to follow the DR.'s orders. My foot is on a block of ice as I type.

Just like to remind any one who comes to the Eagle River area that there are lots of smaller musky lakes that are loaded with musky's in the 30" to 40" range. Not the true trophy's, but a lot of action. I also guide for musky here as well as guiding on the Chippewa Flowage. If you would like to learn some of these small lakes, give me a call. I'll be all healed up and ready to go in about two more weeks.

Well, enjoy the fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Mark Benson
06-07-2010, 10:52 AM
walleyemaxx:

Good job on the relief of the fishing itch!!! Take care of that foot so the doc doesn't have to yell at you for not following orders!!! Great determination and Nice pics of the little 'skies!!!

Mark

walleyemaxx
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks Mark,

Fishing is good for whatever ails you. I'll be cleared to get back to work in two weeks. Until then, I just might sneak out to do some more fishing. Can't remember the name of the song, but i remember it saying" if it feels good do it!" Quess I'll be doing more of it.

Walleyemaxx

JENS
06-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice Fish Tom! It's really gotta be tough, waiting for your foot to get better! An active guy like you, doesn't take very well to sitting around. Well maybe in a couple weeks everything will be all healed up and you will be back chasing walleyes! Until then I guess you will just have to sneek out for awhile when you feel up to it.
Hope the time goes by fast for you!
Jens

walleyemaxx
06-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi JENS,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I figure in two weeks I'll be hitting the Big Chip in a big way. Reading your post gets me excited. My favorite pattern to fish the Walleyes is the sunken bog pattern. I'm glad to hear that the Walleyes are settling down into that pattern.

Again thanks JENS, and keep reporting your fishing forays.

Walleyemaxx