PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report May 30

Dick Wilkening
05-30-2010, 06:53 PM
The fishing has been a little slower the last couple of days. We have been having some thundershowers and wind so we have had to slow down our presentation. We have still been caughting fish but they are not very aggressive. We have still been using 1/8 and 1/4 oz. jigs tipped with either minnows or leaches. The fish have dropped down to 24 to 28 ft. One group in camp has been trolling cranks in 9 to 15 ft. with some success on bass, pike and walleyes, but they also have found the bite has slowed in the past couple of days. The water temp is still at 58 degrees, with some warmer water in the shallow bays. The weather calls for more rain for tomorrow but back to sun and warmer weather after that.
Dick Wilkening Pro Staff Witch Bay

brian1785
05-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Dick,
Have the bass spawned already? I noticed you said the water is 57 degrees. Wondering if the water temp was higher and the bass spawned and then the water temp dropped back down, or has the temp been steadily rising and the bass still haven't spawned yet? What are your thoughts? We'll be coming into camp on the 5th of June. Thanks!

Brad
06-01-2010, 09:47 AM
My brother was up this past week . In some bays he had seen bass spawning ,this was in the Moore Bay area. He also was catching a lot of fish on Jigs with plastic ,He said he was fishing water that had pine pollen covered areas. Catching bass ,walleye ,pike, and a Musky that was 48" long,that weighed 43lbs. a very fat musky.,The musky hit a 1/8 oz jig.

bystrek
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
interesting. almost a pound per inch:confused:

Dick Wilkening
06-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Hey Brian
Sorry for the late responds. To many thunderstorm for the satelite.
The bass are just about done with the spawn. The guys that have been fishing for them are seeing about one in five of the bigger ones that have eggs yet. They have been finding them on the boulder shore lines. I have been fishing walleyes the last couple of days and been having great luck using jigs tipped with minnows and crawlers.
This looks like the best day for weather this week and some of the guys want to good bass fishing in the narrows so I will post tonight on the results.
Dick Wilkening

brian1785
06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks Dick. Look forward to reading the results of what happened in the Narrows. I take it nobody has gone "south" yet for the walleye? Looking forward to seeing everyone at camp this weekend. Will be bringing my dad up again. He's also chomping at the bit.
Brian